Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

"Postcards from San Diego" - Pass me the wine, please

Hellanback Ranch and Vineyard
"Postcards from San Diego - Pass Me the Wine Please"



San Diego may be known for beer, but if you go about an hour and a half north towards Ramona, there is a great little winery by the name of Hellanback Ranch. Not easy to find, so be sure to get directions. To learn more about the Winery and its owners check out this fun video:



Earning our keep...
So, we actually had the opportunity to help in bottling 40 cases of wine while visiting.
This was truly a great experience, and I'm really hopeful that we'll get to make it back for the harvest this year!

On bottling....
Even though bottling is just one part of the process of wine-making, I have a whole new appreciation for every bottle opened. Because when it's a small-boutique style winery, believe me, there's a lot of love and care that goes into that bottle. My arm can attest...I sealed roughly 480 bottles by hand!


Bottling




So after earning our keep and bottling, I got to snag a few shots around the ranch, dogs, pigs and all.


Pig


Winery Patrol Dogs

Hellanback Ranch Collage


Hellenback Grapes

Hellanback Dogs1 Hellanback Dogs2




No comments:

Post a Comment