Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

24 Days of Thanks: #13 - #11

Ok...so the countdown is on, and I've got a lot of being thankful for over the next few days! (And I do have a lot to be thankful for.)

But before I begin on my continued countdown of thanks, I wanted to share a little thought I had today...one I have quite often, and I'm not sure that it is something to be thankful for, but it makes me smile every time.

Have you ever seen the movie Love Actually? (If you haven't, you should.) Anyway, the last two minutes or so, are all the individuals you've been following through out the movie, somehow or another culminating into greetings and reunions at the airport. This always gets me...in the movie, and in real-life. Every time I walk through the airport (just like today), I love seeing those signs, and knowing that they and someone else are about to be reunited with loved ones/friends/family.

I guess it is something to be thankful for...so #13. The little things in life. Like being greeted at the airport.

#12. Nature & Animals.
It's so diverse, and we have so much to learn about it and from it. I love the seasons - summer, fall, winter, spring. It's like a restorative cycle. We spring into life when the weather starts getting warmer, we soak in the sun as the days get longer, we feel somehow refreshed at the first crisp fall breeze, and we retreat into cozy comforts during those winter months, just to do it all over again. And, the little creatures within their natural habitats aren't just cute, or sometimes scary, but tend to serve a purpose. For example, did you know that it's good to have ladybugs...there does seem to be a tale that they bring good luck, but that aside...they eat mosquitos and other pesty little insects. And garden snakes....well they eat mice and other little rodents, that believe me, you don't want in your yard, let alone your house! It's all about keeping things in check.

And of course, some of these creatures are just so darn cute!


#11. Friends
Good friends can be few and far between...and they are definitely worth cherishing.
















No comments:

Post a Comment