Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

24 Days of Thanks: #8 - #7

And the countdown continues....

#8. Sweets

Cakes, fruits, candy galore. Bless the person who transformed sugar into pure delight. I love sweets. If I was stranded on a dessert island, and I had to choose, it would probably be the sweets category. There's something very comforting about warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies, hot chocolate, cupcakes, chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, rasberries and strawberries with whipped cream...and so on. When I have a bad day, a little something sweet, always seems to be the cure. And this is not something new in my life (you know they say your taste buds change, but some things remain consistent). When I was probably 3 or 4, I fell at my grandmothers house, knocked my head, or something like that, and my Mom asked me, as I'm whailing like an infant, "what will make it better?" My reply, "grapes." How sweet are those?! And grapes really do make everything better. Along with chocolate cake, etc.



#7. Great Neighbors

My husband and I moved into our house 5 years ago, which is hard to believe. And we've been so lucky to have great neighbors and now friends that live on our street. We actually found our house due to our now-across-the-street neighbors after talking with them at a party one night. We were actually both looking in the same area, and they tipped us off to the house across the street from one they were looking at. Then, it just seemed that our street kept popping up with young couples all in about our age group. It's been a blast, we've had block parties, cookouts, walked to our local town square for various events, and even sledded down driveways when we were barricaded from the snow storm earlier this year. It's sort of like a built-in safety net too. You know if you need help, there's always someone close by. It's really nice to have that sense of community in our fast paced lives. And I'm thankful we've made great friends too.



No comments:

Post a Comment